One Man Band · Duo · Trio / Guitarist / Songwriter
ROSHAN's unique live sound can be strong, like a 5 piece band, or as delicate as a flute or acoustic piano. Performing alone or with sax and/or congas, it's a complete musical experience. Besides his many guitar styles, he also plays Guitar Synthesizer to sound like trumpet, sax, flute, vibes, a horn section, and more.
He has the sound of a full band, complete with drums, bass, guitar, horns, keyboards, and up to five voices at once. His music can be mellow-Light Jazz, Standards, and Hawaiian, or full on dance/party music - Classic Rock and R&B with a touch of Reggae thrown in. Of course he can mix &match to suit your taste.
CREDITS· Winner of the Hawaii KPOI SUPERJAM Contest - performance at Blaisdell Arena with Joe Walsh of the Eagles, Jeff Baxter of the Doobie Brothers, John Entwistle & Simon Phillips of the Who, and Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake & Palmer
· Played in Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country, Big Band, Latin, Free Form, New Age and Show Groups in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, Hawaii and Japan
· Featured in premier performance of Hawaii TV show First Edition
· B.A., Music Theory & Composition,University of Minnesota
· Postgraduate studies - Grove Music School, L.A.- and studied jazz with Howard Roberts, founder of G.I.T. Musician's Institute, Hollywood
· Private music instructor, including coaching many professionals
· Composed and played guitar for " Tuesday " film score - lead film in Filmex Animation Festival
· Over 150 compositions copywritten in diverse styles
· Compositions and guitar playing featured on International and Hawaii television and radio
Roshan Kumar & Shivani Kumar